Mark Tetlow is a Qualified Brewer and Beer Sommelier who has been working in the brewing industry for more than 30 years. He is one of the founding members of the Cyclops beer tasting system.
For the last 10 years Mark has been running Meet the Brewer events in pubs and venues across the country, sharing his passion for brewing and the marriage of beer and food with more than 8,000 people.
In 2016 Mark became the first Beer Academy trained Beer Sommelier in Leicestershire, and one of only 122 worldwide.
"Mark has a great passion for the brewing industry and this comes across in the training sessions he does for publicans and customers, always leaving them inspired and enthused about beer."
The Cask Marque Trust
Everards Brewery Limited
www.everards.co.uk 1994 – 2016
- Quality Assurance Manager responsible for the quality of Everards' beers, from raw materials to the final products.
- Mark was responsible for the internal quality systems, the trade quality systems and training.
- Mark also ran the Technical Services department that installed and maintained the beer raising and cooling systems in the company’s 180 pubs
www.marstons.co.uk 1990 – 1994
- Brewer in the Brewhouse and fermentation departments
- Assistant Packaging Manager responsible for bottling and packaging of beers
Courage Brewing Limited
Wikipedia entry 1985 – 1987
- Quality Control Technician undertaking daily quality testing to monitor progress of brews in production
- Brewer involved in the design and writing of the process manuals for the brewing, fermentation and process areas
- BSC in Brewing & Microbiology, Heriot Watt University
- HND - Applied Biology, Food Science & Microbiology, Bristol Polytechnic
- Certified Beer Academy Sommelier, Beer Academy
- HACCP Level 3 for Food Manufacturing, The Royal Society for Public Health
- Certificate in Health & Safety at Work, British Safety Council
- Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector, Chartered Institute of Environmental Health
- Advanced Diploma in Leisure Retail Management (Licensed Retail), Nottingham Trent University
- Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders, BIIAB
- Certificate Examination, Wine & Spirit Education Trust